Technology Services Group Technician
New York, NY 10017 US | Work from home flexibility TELECOMMUTE US
Technology Services Group Technician Consultant
The TSG Consultant will be responsible for supporting the Desktop and Server environment. The Consultant is dynamic, motivated, and able to perform independently as well as work in partnership with various technology disciplines such as Windows, Security and Networking. This includes the deployment and troubleshooting of all hardware, operating systems, and applications. This position is responsible for receiving and responding to customer problems received via the ticketing system, phone, and email.
Functions include but are not limited to:
- Respond to and resolving support requests for the end users.
- Perform hardware and software system configuration, maintenance, upgrades and troubleshooting of workstations, laptops, mobile devices, and printers.
- Responsible for the administration and deployment of a wide array of server hardware and software in both a physical and virtual infrastructure.
- Support Outlook 2016 on MS Exchange 2016 and Office 365 email system.
- On-board new employees, create accounts, and order hardware and software for those employees, assist in the training and orientation of new staff in the use of hardware and software
- Install, configure, and document various software packages upon user request and proper approvals.
- Maintain workstation and server security patches, virus updates and efficiency tuning.
- Answer the service desk phone and create helpdesk tickets.
- Install and configure various software packages.
- Assist with resolving general help desk calls including research and testing when necessary.
- Assist with the maintaining of Inventory.
- Troubleshooting mobile devices such as iPhone and iPad utilizing Exchange ActiveSync and Mobile Iron.
- Assist internal customers by providing Audio/Video Conference support for presentations and meetings.
- Perform other technology related duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Pursuing or obtained a degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, MIS or a related field
- Interest in a career in Technology
- Knowledge of IOS, Windows and Mac Operating Systems
- Knowledge of PC technology, hardware, and software system configuration
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Possesses excellent communication skills
- Problem solving skills and ability to identify and implement appropriate solutions.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and projects concurrently to meet deadlines.
- Must be available to work 9:00am – 5:30pm five days a week onsite and virtually