Technical Business Analyst
New York, NY 10017 US | Work from home flexibility TELECOMMUTE US
- Working alongside members of our business and technology teams to deliver technical solutions.
- Partner with the compliance and technology teams to develop and execute user acceptance testing.
- Develop automated test scripts for compliance related applications, and others when applicable.
- Work closely with the Compliance and Trading business teams to help define test cases for technical solutions being delivered.
- Facilitate meetings with different audiences to gain consensus and acceptance on documents that one authors – functional specifications, screen layouts/designs, test results, etc.
- Perform analysis related to data requirements, process/flows and document solutions.
- Identify gaps, inefficiencies and recommend solutions.
- Independently research issues / questions from the business to facilitate a resolution, escalating when appropriate.
- Effectively communicate relevant project information to a variety of stakeholder audiences.
- Leverage presentation toolsets such as MS Powerpoint & MS Visio to diagram business or system processes.
- Provide end user support and training where necessary.
- Act as a liaison between business, technology and vendor teams.
- Proactively initiate, develop, and maintain effective working relationships with team members and business partners.
- Factor industry trends, experience into the analysis and recommendations one puts forth.
Required skills must include:
- BS / BA degree in Business Administration (Accounting or Finance), or Information Technology; advanced degree a plus, financial industry certifications a plus.
- 7+ years of proven technical business analysis experience in Asset Management or related industry.
- Experience implementing/supporting a third party OMS application (e.g. Charles River, Linedata’s Longview Trading, or Blackrock’s Aladdin, etc.) for an Equity trade desk is required. Having a working knowledge of the trading and compliance capabilities associated with the OMS is preferred.
- Candidate must have a working knowledge of the responsibilities associated with a Trader and a compliance officer within an asset management firm.
- Experience creating test cases, and test automation scripts. Knowledge of Selenium is a plus.
- Experience with SQL and/or navigating databases via query tool is required.
- Multiple experiences implementing investment related systems such as an order management system, investment accounting system, or a regulatory/compliance system.
- Experience writing functional/technical specifications that are clear, concise and well organized, Experience preparing/executing/documenting test cases which address both positive and negative test conditions associated with a technical solution.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and shifting priorities as needed.
- Must be comfortable working directly with the business users to address production issues and complete project related work.
- Knowledge of technology and software development lifecycle is required.
- Proficiency using Microsoft’s Powerpoint and Visio products is required to create presentations and document processes.
- Must possess strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills with ability to effectively communicate relevant project information to a variety of stakeholders.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret business needs and translate them into application specifications and operational workflows.
- Ability to operate independently and with minimal oversight to complete assignments.
- Understands big picture, considering the impact of individual tasks on the outcome of the project, while ensuring the details are complete.
- Basic understanding of project management techniques and general responsibilities is a plus.