Position Summary: End User Technology Engineer
Manages, escalates and resolves complex technology service. Participates in the design of new technical solutions based upon business requirements. Facilitates issue resolution between internal IT teams and external IT business partners.
Focal point of this position among other duties will be application monitoring, application alerting, and automated resolution of applications failures for our high priority devices and applications within our store infrastructure. Solve complex problems with deep dive diagnostics, increase agility with monitoring automation and monitor end-user experience for business transactions.
End User Technology Engineer works with the IT and business department manager’s to define goals, outline approaches and make adjustments within the constraints set to achieve business objectives. Leads technical and business resources to ensure results conform to quality, time and budgetary stipulations. Maintains an appropriate relationship with customers, business partners and other business associates.
1. Act as technical consultant for internal business teams for the IT department, to plan, implement and support of new and existing technologies; Serves as an expert in technical field of knowledge
2. Technical lead in the design, development, testing and implementation of technology solution (significant amount of support may need to be performed outside of normal working hours)
3. Research technology related products and makes recommendations based on business or operational requirements. Anticipate potential problem situations/risks and address with effective responses.
4. Certified / technical expert in multiple strategic technologies
5. Provides 2nd- and 3rd-level support for our end-user computing environment, including desktop-based systems, mobile devices, multi-function devices, and locally installed and hosted software.
6. Auto-discover devices and applications to monitor environment
7. Define monitoring profiles and automate configuration on discovered nodes
8. Develop and send out performance reports
9. Develop and integrate dashboards and alerting for specified nodes to ticketing system(s)
10. Robust computer baseline and performance configuration expertise
11. Strong user account management and provisioning proficiency
12. Strong scripting language experience, including Powershell. Experienced developing own scripts, executing and mining the data for metrics and analytics.
13. Works independently prioritizing workload of incidents and service requests.
14. Troubleshoots and provides solutions to unresolved hardware and software problems.
15. Engages additional technical staff as needed, especially cross-platform - Windows Server, Security Operations, Network, as examples.
16. Tracks ticket information and updates tickets to resolve customer issues while meeting SLA’s
17. Assists in creating and maintaining required documentation, such as knowledgebase articles and appropriate IT-related communications.
18. Utilizes appropriate processes to complete work, i.e. Service Request, ERP, HRIS, etc.
19. Assists IT management team by providing financial input on department or project budgets, capital expenditures or other cost estimates as requested.
20. Ability to apply IT security standards and practices as well as adhere to these standards in the development and design of new and existing technologies within our corporate and store infrastructure.
Management / Support
21. Maintains a very high degree of decision impact due to system privileges and responsibilities.
22. Analyze and define system design, configuration, hardware, software and associated utilities
23. Integrate enterprise-wide tools for automating, monitoring, and managing the current and future technology environments in a proactive manor
24. Establish a performance baseline; Monitor system performance and tune for peak performance
25. Administer, support and maintain infrastructure components; Troubleshoot high-level hardware and software problems and document procedures to guide resolution process.
26. Act as a liaison with hardware vendors for repairs and maintenance of equipment.
27. Develop, document, implement and maintain system management strategies, policies and procedures; including security, support, training and installation procedures
28. Work with internal and external business clients to plan new system and system enhancements necessary to address expanding business needs
29. Develop project plans to install, upgrade and manage systems and utility software
30. Provides project management, technical assistance, and strategic vision for our technical infrastructure services
31. Recommend, design, implement and support infrastructure integration into business solutions, while meeting the business goals and objectives. This includes supporting documentation and diagrams detailing the specific infrastructure
32. Ensure the use of configuration management tools to prevent temporary or undocumented configuration changes; participates in change control process as required
33. Provide support vendors with documented procedures and training material as well as safety standards in order to provide superior support services. This includes the management of our support vendors in many aspects
34. Inventory and asset management of appropriate infrastructure. Meet and establish working relationships with field engineers and account managers in order to establish clear communication paths. Provides leadership and continuous improvement of standards to enable a more customer focused, responsive department
35. Develop production support models designed to enhance response times and maintain high availability of all production infrastructure components and systems
36. Oversees the activities of Associates to ensure that each activity provides value through enhanced analyses, superior customer service and concise reporting. Examine and reengineer these activities and related business processes in order to facilitate reporting and meet established business requirements/guidelines. Make appropriate cost saving recommendations to leverage the financial strategic plan.
37. Keeps apprised on PCI policies, procedures and standards.
38. Coaches and mentors other team members; provides constructive suggestions for recommended training, work approach, processes and procedures. Actively seeks opportunities for roles which provide career growth for Associates; serves as a resource and knowledge expert to project manager in the project areas.
39. Facilitates effective team interaction