Sr VMware Engineer
We are seeking an individual with technical skills to design, develop, and maintain our VMWare infrastructure within 905+ stores.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to installations, automation, management and support of a new VMWare environment within our store environment. Enabling automation and orchestration of images, packages, and VM templates is a key focus of this position.
The focus of this position will be delivering global standard(s) for installation and all procedures for store devices, engineer golden images into a seamless provisioning process to install within 905+ stores two servers in each store. Perform technical analysis and maintenance of our store infrastructure. Focus on proactive monitoring and self-repair automation, scripts, and procedures to ensure the highest level of uptime for our associates and customers.
Individual technical skills will include VMware vSphere ESX, VMWare platform administration, PowerShell scripting, knowledge of utilities and tools such as Ops Center, Active Directory, SCCM, Microsoft operating systems and administration, and understanding and applying DNS, DCHP, NAT, DMZ, Group Policy. Leveraging system management software to remote check devices, follow Standard Operating Procedures, reviewing support tickets, opening requests for changes, reviewing asset information, and escalating any issues or out of specifications devices to hardware or software assigned groups.
Manages, escalates, and resolves level 2-3 technology service issues for devices and associates. Facilitates issue resolution between internal IT teams and external IT business partners.
Manages support solutions and applications to resolve operational issues, performance issues and support issues. Facilitates the development of standard operating procedures and processes for support entities using these solutions, both for corporate and store technology environments.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or a technical discipline (e.g., engineering)
- 10+ years of related work experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills; ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical Associates
- Strong scripting language expertise and knowledge – (e.g., PowerShell, Java, Html, Python)
- Positive attitude with a focus on Customer Service
- Excellent analytical abilities
- Ability to be on-call 24/7 when required
- Ability to lead a team and contribute to the development of Associates
- Self-starter with high level of productivity and sense of ownership
- Good organization, time and stress management skills
- Strong multi-tasking abilities
- Must be able to work well under pressure and make informed decisions
- Achieve certifications in multiple appropriate strategic technologies.
Prior experience leading infrastructure design, implementation, and supportExposure to appropriate support and management solutions.
Minimum of five years’ experience operating and managing in a15,000 + PC client server environment, with 100 or more Windows servers.
Strong scripting skills required – PowerShell
Strong application packaging skills
Knowledge of Security Technologies and standards (PCI)