Sr. End User Technologies Engineer
We are seeking an individual with technical skills to design, develop, and maintain our VMWare infrastructure within our Remote locations.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to installations, automation, management and support of a new VMWare environment within our store environment. Enabling automation and orchestration of images, packages, and VM templates is a key focus of this position.
The focus of this position will be delivering global standard(s) for installation and all procedures for store devices, engineer golden images into a seamless provisioning process to install within 905+ locations, two servers in each location. Perform technical analysis and maintenance of our store infrastructure. Focus on proactive monitoring and self-repair automation, scripts, and procedures to ensure the highest level of uptime for our associates and customers.
Individual technical skills will include VMware vSphere ESX, VMWare platform administration, Office 365 and Azure experience, PowerShell scripting, knowledge of utilities and tools such as Ops Center, Active Directory, SCCM, Microsoft operating systems and administration, and understanding and applying DNS, DCHP, NAT, DMZ, Group Policy. Leveraging system management software to remote check devices, follow Standard Operating Procedures, reviewing support tickets, opening requests for changes, reviewing asset information, and escalating any issues or out of specifications devices to hardware or software assigned groups.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or a technical discipline (e.g., engineering)
- 10+ years of related work experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills; ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical Associates
- Strong scripting language expertise and knowledge – (e.g., PowerShell, Java, Html, Python)
- Positive attitude with a focus on Customer Service
- Excellent analytical abilities
- Ability to be on-call 24/7 when required
- Ability to lead a team and contribute to the development of Associates
- Self-starter with high level of productivity and sense of ownership
- Good organization, time and stress management skills
- Strong multi-tasking abilities
- Must be able to work well under pressure and make informed decisions
- Experience with multiple appropriate strategic technologies. Examples include:
o VMWare 5.x
o Proactive Monitoring
o Azure Sentinel
o Microsoft Office 365