Newark, NJ 07101 US
Title: Software Developer
The Software Developer will be part of the development team, which will have the responsibility for supporting home built custom applications using Microsoft .NET technology and PostgreSQL. Utilizing a Software Development Life Cycle, the Software developer will work with technical and non-technical associated in defining business and technical requirements to develop new functions or redesign/consolidate existing processes. Participate in a small, experienced, energetic team on a rapid, agile development schedule. This position may be required to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends, and holidays. Able to manage projects built by offshore resources. Able to take a high-level view of projects, including architecture design, deployment, and success criteria according to client requirements.
- Day to day maintenance and support of all existing applications in use.
- Work with team in building web services and web-based applications using Python, .NET 4.0 technologies e.g., ASP.NET, AngularJS, PostgreSQL, SQL Server
- Strong Experience working with Azure, or AWS (MySQL, Virtual Machines, Redis, Storage, CosmosDB) and managing cloud-based software applications in a multi-tenant, secure and scalable architecture.
- Design, code and test new Windows and web software applications
- Maintain existing software systems by identifying and correcting software defects
- Create requirements documents, and ensure software is built to specification
- Evaluate new technologies and provide recommendations
- Support the training and upskill of development team
- Create Automated testing process
- Create Coding standards
- Ensure the organization is following secure coding standards
- Manage the development of the offshore resources through the total software development lifecycle.
- Responsible for overall project success from intake to final production deployment.
- Requires a minimum of 7 or years’ experience as backend software developer
- Strong experience with OWASP Top 10 coding standards
- Strong PostgreSQL and Microsoft SQL Knowledge
- Manage Azure services
- Engineer level experience in FHIR is a must
- Engineer level experience in Mobile Application Development
- Engineer level experience Microsoft .NET, SQL 2012+, PostgreSQL
- Engineer level experience (5+ years) .NET Framework, .NET Standard, and .NET Core
- SQL Server database development, including stored procedures, queries, the ability to write inner/outer joins and out joins.
- Skilled in database design, business analysis, requirements capturing and technical specification
- Ability to design and optimize SQL Server 2012+ stored procedures
- Experience with integrating web design with back-end coding
- Good understanding of cross-platform and cross-browser issues
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming
- Proven track record for deploying large scale enterprise solutions
- Able to mentor junior level developers
- Able to create coding standards enforce them across the development team
- Enforce HIPPA best practices for software development
- Excellent communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science
- Master’s degree in Computer Science preferred
- >7 years of experience preferred
- Additional job-related experience/and/or education may substitute for the required education on a year-for-year basis