Software Developer II
| Fully Remote TELECOMMUTE US
Seeking an IT Software Developer II - MS Power Platform for growing and fast-paced Technology team. This opportunity is both full-time and remote.
The IT Software Developer II is responsible for the creation of MS Power Platform, reporting dashboards, user interfaces and other Low/No-Code solutions based on a demand pipeline centered around innovation. The goal is to automate manual business tasks, create new solutions, and remove operational overhead using cutting edge tools so that the client service staff can add more business value to our clients and back office/administrative staff can work more efficiently.
A qualified candidate is an expert in MS Power Platform using agile development methodologies with deep knowledge of the technical and functional aspects of the supporting technologies in the ecosystem; has a strong background in creating innovative solutions while observing development best practices.
The IT Software Developer II will work with members of the Enterprise Development team and other IT peers and reports into the Senior Manager of Business Solutions.
You will be responsible for:
- Combine/balance the use of out-of-box solution features and custom development.
- Visualize and document infrastructure and system design specifications using architecture diagrams.
- Clearly articulate the vision for solution and solve problems related to system and environmental limitations.
- Communicate effectively with developers, consultants, and business users.
- Communicate and translate complex technical information into easy to understand terms and examples.
- Clearly and effectively document code/solutions and provide effective/concise input for business/user documentation.
- Perform QA on your developed solutions and solutions created by other developers as part of cross-functional code design/review and cross training.
- Proactively work to decrease technical debt by balancing the “quick easy solution” and “the better, but longer, approach” during project discussions and development.
- Stay abreast of new technologies and participate in training to develop new skillsets.
- Work independently as a remote employee and effectively manage time to meet team and project deadlines.
You will need:
- 3 - 5 years software development experience.
- Associate’s, Bachelor’s (or higher) degree in a computer or business-related field (Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, etc.) or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience designing, creating, customizing, and configuring innovative solutions to solve complex business requirements and streamline/automate business processes. Candidate should be able to speak to examples in detail during an interview.
- Working knowledge and experience with the Microsoft O365 platform, apps and services (such as Dynamics CRM, SharePoint, OneDrive, OneNote, Office, etc.)
- Experience working with Relational Data Modeling solutions and related industry best practices.
- Strong Excel skills (Formulas, Power Query, Power Pivot, Power View, Data Model).
- Read, write, and speak English fluently and communicate effectively.
- Experience developing within Microsoft Visual Studio and utilizing Git for source control.
- Experience working with Microsoft Azure DevOps (Boards, Repos, Test Plans, CI/CD Automation) or other similar DevOps solutions.
- Experience keeping a security-first mindset throughout the entire application/project design and development process.
- MS Power Platform (Power Apps, Power Automate, Power BI, DAX)
- MS Azure (Key Vault, App Services [Web App, API App, Logic App, Mobile App], Chat Bot Service, Relays, Databases)
- MS SQL Server (specifically database design/use, not-administration)
- APIs (REST, RPC, SOAP), Web Services
- Agile Software Development Lifecycle
- Knowledge and expertise designing reports, dashboards, and other consumable web resources including integration with external web interfaces, such as Sitecore XP (Experience Platform) or SharePoint.
- VBA, VBScript
- .NET (Framework, Core, MVC)
- ETL Tools (i.e. Alteryx, KingswaySoft/SSIS, Inaport/MS CRM)
- SharePoint (out-of-the-box and/or actual dev/coding)