Service Desk Level 2
Gaithersburg, MD 20877 US
The Service Desk Engineer, Level 2, role puts a strong focus on providing a superior customer experience while providing support for end-user computing components in accordance with company SLAs. This position requires a strong ability to troubleshoot and solve a variety of IT-related issues, as well as the capability to identify daily challenges that may necessitate additional team support to best support the business. This includes but not limited to the deployment, support, and management of end-user computing and server technology. This role will also require advanced involvement in ongoing projects.
All job requirements are based upon business needs and are subject to change and not limited to the below.
- Must be able to work independently and/or in a team environment
- Solid time management and organizational skills are a must
- Able to effectively sense, identify and prioritize based on impact/severity
- Ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of colleagues and end-users.
- Solid multitasking skills and should be ready to work in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to follow processes and procedures carefully. Input is always welcomed!
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Organization is key
- Service Now experience is a plus
- Experience working in large – mid-size enterprise environments
- Able to lift up to 25 pounds
- The candidate should have moderate knowledge and understanding of the below technologies which include but not limited to
- Mac, Windows, IOS, and Android operating systems
- Microsoft Office 365 administration console, web apps, and local office suite
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Microsoft Intune, KACE, JAMF, Bomgar, and or other endpoint/remote management solutions
- Unified Communication tools (Bluejeans, ZOOM, etc.)
- Windows Server, Azure AD, AWS, and or other cloud-hosted solutions
- Provide both levels I and level II support via phone, email, Slack, Bomgar, and additional communication technologies as required to onsite and remote employees across multiple geographical locations.
- Handle swift and timely resolution of tickets in accordance with company SLAs while building strong customer relationships
- Provide support that will involve but not limited to; installation of hardware/systems, software for end computing, moderate networking, and communications systems.
- Maintain, organize, and manage daily assigned tickets of ongoing customer issues and steps towards resolution in accordance with company SLA standards.
- Record, track, and document the service desk request problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to final resolution on tickets.
- Efficiently analyze, diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve technical issues at a desktop, server, application, and network-level
- Support client end computing and infrastructure.
- Monitor system performance and take part in the implementation of new system enhancements
- Actively participate in the improvement of company knowledgebase
- Travel between various sites will be required as necessary
- Participate in a rotating weekly on-call schedule after hours and weekends
- Identify proactive ways to reduce the number of issues and support calls in the environment (reduction in quality, interruption, or failure of an ITS service)
- Participate in moderate to advanced problem/incident management improvement particles
- Manage/Interact with 3rd party vendors during troubleshooting, projects, or general initiatives
- Should be an outgoing and confident individual who takes pride in being able to help make a difference.
- Associate, Bachelor's, and or 5 years minimum work experience within a Service Desk environment
- Certifications not required, however, are strongly encouraged. Common knowledge is a plus!
- ITIL Foundation
- HDI – CSR, Customer Service Representative
- Comp Tia A+
- Comp Tia Network +
- ACMT, AppleCare Mac Technician
- Microsoft Certified (OS)