Service Desk Engineer 1
Port St. Lucie, Florida
About the role: Service Desk Engineers work as part of our Technical Engineering Center (TEC) in managing the ticket queue, helping to prioritize, and assign tickets to the appropriate resources. In this position, you’ll work on a wide variety of technical issues and be a part of a dynamic, collaborative team. Customer service and a strong desire to learn and grow are paramount!
- Provide first contact support of incoming requests to the Service Desk via telephone, web portal, email, chat to ensure courteous, timely, and effective resolution of end-user issues.
- Follow-up on open tickets, keeping the clients informed of any updates to their tickets along the way.
- Record, track, and document the service desk incident within the Service Desk application.
- Collaborate with other members of the team to identify solutions to customer support requests and escalate to more senior team members or external resources as needed.
- Provide first-tier support to end users for Windows Workstations, MAC OS, printers, mobile devices, Microsoft 365, Active Directory, or basic application and hardware troubleshooting.
- Add users, remove users, reset passwords, and change folder permissions.
- Basic understanding of how IP addresses, subnet masks, gateways, and DNS addresses work.
- Utilize remote access solution and support on a variety of topics including VPN clients, Terminal Services, and Citrix.
- Troubleshoot issues utilizing the latest versions of the following technologies: Active Directory, VPN Clients, Microsoft 365, Windows OS, Mac OS, laptop and desktop hardware, Anti-Virus and Malware software, Spam Filtering, and Microsoft Office Applications.
- A few years of related experience, ideally working with external clients in the Managed Services or IT Services industry.
- Stellar written/verbal communication and customer service skills to successfully maintain a high level of collaboration and interaction with clients and colleagues.
- The ability to diffuse potentially difficult situations with angry or unpleasant clients on a regular basis.
- Sound judgement and decision-making skills to be able to independently make decisions that affect customers without always being able to consult with a supervisor.
- The ability to deliver excellence independently and excel in a fast-paced, occasionally high stress Service level Agreement (SLA) driven environment.
- The ability to perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another of a different nature.
- The ability to maintain concentration and focus in a collaborative, open work environment; working within close proximity to peers with varying noise levels and interruptions.
- A strong attention to detail so work is accurate and complete.
- The availability to work flexible hours, which may include night shifts and/or weekends.
- An Associate or Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related field preferred
- Preferred Technical Certifications: CompTIA A+, Network+, Security+, Microsoft 365, Apple Certified Associate and Apple Certified Support Professional.