Senior Technical Business Analyst
New York, NY
Functions include but are not limited to the following:
Business Analyst will work closely with the multiple application development teams and designated business user groups. The Sr. Tech BA will produce functional specification documents and perform functional test on application software based on industry best practices as defined by the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC). The Sr. Tech BA will operate independently to ensure the analysis, specification and test cases are well documented and executed.
• Responsible for translation of functional requirement into functional specifications ensuring functionality and integration will work with existing systems/platforms
• Excellent ability to consistently anticipate client needs through an in depth understanding of a client’s requirements and desires
• Excellent ability to consistently anticipate and manage all risks and consequences when devising solutions
• Consistently keeps the big picture in mind, considering the impact of individual tasks on the outcome of the project, while ensuring the details are complete • Partner with project manager with project plan task definition & estimates, and/or assemble own task list that leads to the successful delivery of a project.
• Excellent ability to complete multiple complex projects simultaneously in a timely manner
• Proactively perform analysis related to data requirements, process / flows and document solutions
• Lead and drive specification review meetings with business end-users from operations, compliance, trading, etc. to capture business requirements and translate into written specifications.
• Responsible for impact analysis reports and help provide estimates for change requests.
• Partner with project manager with project plan task definition & estimates, and/or assemble own task list that leads to the successful delivery of a project.
• Responsible for the development and maintenance of all documentation pertaining to the analysis and testing of each project accurately
• Consistently drive communication across relevant project to a variety of stakeholder audiences.
• Drive end user support and training where necessary. • Responsible as a liaison between business, technology and vendor teams.
• Define user acceptance review process with the business.
• Responsible for the creation of functional and integration test cases in support of Jennison's in-house and proprietary applications.
• Responsible for coordination and execution of application and user testing efforts • Lead and create comprehensive test plans, perform testing and assist end users with respect to system navigation & data workflow during the user acceptance testing process.
Maintenance/ Evolution Functions
• Responsible for the identification / documentations of gaps and inefficiencies and recommend solutions
• Accountable for deliverables - provide status reports of work completed, active, planned, and obstacles across multiple projects.
• Responsible for working with both in-house and vendor provided development teams to manage/prioritize on-going system enhancements to various systems.
• Support production related issues in the form of data analysis, assessing application/program functionality, determining impact, and providing expert knowledge and training to end users across multiple applications and business domains.
Communication • Excellent ability to communicate relevant project information to a variety of stakeholder audiences
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Able to communicate effectively and confidently with users, team members, and management and escalate issues appropriately
• Excellent ability to relay highly complex information to others and have it interpreted correctly, presenting messages in a way that enhances understanding for large scale complex projects
BS / BA degree in Business Administration (Accounting, Finance, Management), or Information Technology; advanced degree a plus, financial industry certifications a plus.
5-10 years of proven business analysis experience in Asset Management or related industry.
Experience with PL/SQL (SQL) is required.
Experience with developing SQL Queries for Data Analysis is required.
Experience with business process reengineering
Experience implementing investment related systems such as an order management system, investment accounting system, or a regulatory/compliance system.
Experience with Eagle STAR/PACE is a plus.
Experience writing specifications, e.g., business requirements, functional requirements, etc. that are clear, concise and well organized.
Strong analytical, strategic thinking and problem solving skills.
Experience writing and executing test plans.
Ability to balance multiple priorities and shift priorities as needed.
Must be comfortable working directly with the business users to collaborate on project work and production inquiries.
Knowledge of technology and software development lifecycle is a plus.
Familiar with JIRA, SharePoint, Confluence is a plus
Strong MS Excel capabilities