Newark, NJ 07102 US
We are seeking a Cyber Security Engineer with proven experience in Cyber Security solutions. In this role you will be responsible for the security architecture, solution integration and on-going administration of information security systems, tools, and services across the enterprise. As a member of the IT team, you will work directly with our business customers, developing, deploying, and supporting cybersecurity solutions, in a fast-paced and challenging environment. You will have the opportunity to apply your skills and experience in many diverse technologies that you already know, and also learn about the ones you don’t.
Person Reports to – Senior Director of IT and Security
Job Specific Functions
- Build and upgrade security posture for compliance with HIPAA, PCI, and DSS
- Implement the cybersecurity requirements of networks, systems, and applications, documenting them in formal security engineering documents using the Risk Management Framework and supporting artifacts associated with risk assessments.
- Conducts periodic tests, and scans of networks to find and mitigate vulnerabilities. This includes the monitoring and response to Intrusion Detection System (IDS) cues and anti-virus alerts
- Review threat and vulnerabilities identified from security tools and threat intelligence, understand vulnerabilities as they related to the platforms, and understand misconfigurations, and communicate results
- Provide subject matter expertise on architecture, authentication, and systems security. leading security incident response efforts
- Design, install and configure network security architectures, including firewalls, Demilitarized Zones (DMZ), router ACLs (Access Control Lists), and web content filters
- Configuration of Windows and Linux host-based security as well as network and cloud-based security systems
- Designing secure networks, systems, and application architectures
- Implement disaster recovery, computer forensic tools, technologies, and methods
- Ensure all systems included but not limited to: Desktops/Laptops, Smartphones, Servers, Network are secured, and patches are up to date.
- Support and maintain customer networks as their Managed Service Provider – MSP and MSSP
- Ensure that the company’s sensitive information and IT equipment are kept safe by implementing the correct security measures
- A solid understanding of information security standards & methodologies such as NIST
- Strong experience with Cloud computing (AWS/AZURE) products and security controls
- Direct experience with implementing anti-virus software, intrusion detection, firewalls, and content filtering
- Knowledge of implementing and operationalizing risk assessment tools, technologies, and methods
- Experience with third party risk analysis and management
- Ability to understand and build systems in compliance with the OWASP (Open Web Application Security Project) Top Ten Risk Factors
- Understanding of the OSI (Open Systems Interconnection) model and well-known ports and services
- Relevant mid-level networking experience with the TCP/IP (Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol) stack
- Experience planning, researching, and developing security policies, standards and procedures
- Professional experience in a system administration role supporting multiple platforms and applications
- Strong understanding of endpoint security solutions to include File Integrity Monitoring and Data Loss Prevention
- Current knowledge around web and mobile application vulnerabilities, attacks, and mitigation methods
- Experience with Mobile Security Review and Testing (iOS or Android)
- Proficient in .NET, and PostGRE SQL
- 5+ years of relevant work experience with incident detection, incident response, forensics, such as application security reviews, security engineering, and security analysis,
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in implementing and managing secure infrastructure and network systems.
- Strong Azure/AWS Cybersecurity cloud technologies
- Experience with Firewalls (functionality and maintenance), Office 365 Security, VSX and Endpoint Security.
- Proficiency in Python, C++, Java, Ruby, Node, Go and/or Power Shell.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in MS Office, particularly Excel
- Expert interpersonal skills
- Self-starter, resourceful (independently seeks and finds resources, information, knowledge, and/or tools to complete tasks as needed)
- Experience or knowledge of health information technology, including but not limited to electronic health records (EHR), patient care flow, and hospital computer systems
- Bachelor's degree in Cybersecurity
- Master’s degree preferred
Years of Experience
- Minimum of five (5) year of relevant cybersecurity experience