New York, NY 10017 US | Work from home flexibility TELECOMMUTE US
This Consultant will join a high-performance team responsible for the firm’s data warehouse/mart that supports external client reporting and internal operational reporting. We are seeking a candidate who wants to work in a highly visible and closely integrated cross-functional team with a substantial impact on key internal and client-facing systems. This role will offer exposure to investment-management concepts such as valuation, performance, attribution, analytics, and more alongside Cloud databases like Snowflake.
This Consultant will participate in all phases of software development, from analysis and design (working with end users), through coding, testing, documentation, and implementation to production. The individual will operate independently to ensure that our systems are maintainable, efficient, reliable, and fault tolerant. Develop subject matter expertise on a number of internal/external systems.
The individual is expected to act as backup for various job responsibilities within the department as directed as well as assuming training and support responsibilities when necessary.
This role will be focused on expanding our use of an existing data warehouse including integration with new applications, ingestion of new data domains, support of new reporting use cases, and an evaluation of options for Cloud migration.
- Ability to anticipate client needs through an in-depth understanding of requirements and use cases
- Translate requirements into technical specifications ensuring functionality and integration will work with existing systems/platforms
- Partner with various teams and project managers to identify project plan task definitions & provide estimates
- Lead and drive requirement specification/review meetings with business, technology, and vendor teams and create functional specifications, Source to Target specifications, and Data dictionary.
- Responsible for test plans, test cases (functional and integration) creation, and coordination of test execution with business teams.
- Support production issues in the form of data analysis, fixes, and remediation.
- Provide status reports of work completed, active, planned, and obstacles across multiple projects
- Drive end-user support and training where necessary, mentor less experienced team members
- Work on multiple complex projects simultaneously, within given timelines
- Keeps the big picture in mind, considering the impact of individual tasks on the outcome of the project, while ensuring the details are complete.
- Creates and contributes to an environment of cooperation and mutual responsibility.
- Stays abreast of industry best practices, recommending and driving improvements
- Influence decision-making using experience, research, and judgment
- Willingness to extend him/herself beyond the specified workday as required by the situation potentially including periodic availability for urgent support needs
- Willingness to learn and work on new software needs that the firm might have related to Cloud Database, ETL, Reporting, etc.
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in computer science, Information Technology, or a related field.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- 7+ years of experience in database and/or data warehouse development
- Strong experience with Oracle 12+ and SQL Server 2017+
- Experience with advanced SQL or PL/SQL, such as procedures, window functions, CTEs, etc.…
- Experience with Data warehouse concepts such as data modeling, error handling, and reconciliation
- Experience optimizing SQL queries including execution plans, hints, and indexes
- Strong analytical skills, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret business needs and translate them into application requirements
- Knowledge of financial services with a preferred understanding of the asset management business and accounting processing
- Development experience with Cloud databases like Snowflake, Redshift, Databricks.
- Development experience with ETL Tools like Informatica, FiveTran, SSIS
- Working experience with SSRS
- Experience with automated database testing tools