Manages complex information system technical projects in order to provide automated solutions that meet business needs. Provides ongoing project leadership and planning for assigned system areas in order to provide automated solutions to business processes. Oversees all aspects of project work to ensure that goals and objectives are accomplished within constraints of budget, schedule, and stakeholder expectations. Prioritizes multiple projects and issues to ensure
concurrence with organizational plans. Monitors progress according to plan, identifying and coordinating resolution of issues, reporting progress and escalating problems when necessary. Communicates project status updates to stakeholders, including
Education: High school diploma or equivalency. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field preferred. PMP certification preferred.
- Three to five years implementing and managing Information technology projects.
- Previous technical analyst or equivalent experience preferred.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Networking Concepts preferred.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong organizational, project management, communication, and presentation skills.
- Proficient understanding of software development lifecycle, methodologies, and best practices.
- Strong problem solving, analytical skills.
- Project Management, Windows Networking, Server and Desktop Operating Systems.
- Healthcare application knowledge a plus.
- IT management system knowledge such as AirWatch, LanDesk, Apple iOS, helpful.
- Able to cultivate trust and credibility with peers and maintain strong working relationships with all levels and functions of company.
- Ability to lead and manage multiple time sensitive and deadline-oriented projects simultaneously.
- Communicates solutions to management through formal presentation of findings, recommendations and specifications.
- Analyzes complex processes, workflow analysis, and identification, communication, and evaluation of all alternate solutions encompassing a variety of techniques, in accordance with information systems documentation standards.
- Evaluates impact of present and/or proposed systems which have or will have on organization through detailed cost and benefit, statistical and impact analysis.
- Develops appropriate system documentation as it relates to completed policy, procedures and systems specifications, in accordance with information systems documentation standards.
- Manages project scope and implements appropriate procedures. Exercises discretion and independent judgment when working closely with business partners to collect, define and document detailed business requirements.
- Develops and maintains comprehensive project plans for all activities.
- Coordinates and directs project staff to assure projects and requests are completed within time tables and objectives met.
- Prepares and manages timely implementation plans through coordination of efforts of assigned project members in all project endeavors including implementation and ongoing support.
- Leads in conducting system investigation to determine general feasibility, cost and alternative system solutions by interviewing users to define requirements and objectives of automation, in accordance with established standards.
- Coordinates vendor demos, site visits and reference calls by completion of demo scripts and reference call questionnaires, in accordance with IS documentation standards.
- Exercises discretion and independent judgment within generally defined policies and practices to identify and select a solution.
- Serves as liaison between business users and developers/vendors through facilitation of regular conference calls, project
- meetings etc.
- Assists Director with preparation of yearly departmental operating budget.
- Demonstrates proactive vigilance in identifying opportunities for review enhancement and cost reduction.
- Hires, trains, disciplines and evaluates performance of staff members.