New York, NY 10017 | Work from home flexibility TELECOMMUTE US
Functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for configuring, maintaining and providing support for the corporate LAN/WAN network.
- Assist in the design and implementation of new network solutions using best practice methodology.
- Research and evaluate emerging technologies to enhance and improve performance.
- Ensure security best practices are used on all security/network devices, Windows servers and desktops.
- Implement firewall policy changes based on business requests and requirements.
- Perform network maintenance and system upgrades while minimizing downtime.
- Provide level 2 and 3 escalation support for critical production issues.
- Collaborate with other infrastructure team members to work on projects and resolve network related issues.
- Perform network vulnerability assessment. Assist with the remediation of vulnerability and security related issues.
- Create and maintain network diagrams and documentations.
- BA/BS Degree preferably in an IT related field.
- Cisco CCNP certification or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 5 year experience as a network engineer, preferably in the financial services industry.
- Minimum 5 year experience configuring, deploying and supporting Cisco LAN/WAN switches and routers (Nexus 9K, 6K, 5K, Fabric Extenders, Catalyst 9K, 6K and 4K, ISRs).
- Solid understanding of networking protocols (BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, HSRP, STP, PIM, LACP, PBR, VPC).
- Working knowledge of Cisco ACI Fabric and VxLAN BGP EVPN with DCNM.
- Experience with Cisco wireless controllers and access points.
- Experience working with Checkpoint firewalls.
- Experience working with extranet and market data vendors.
- Experience working with monitoring, management, and troubleshooting tools (Solarwinds Orion, Firemon, Netflow and Wireshark).
- Ability to work independently and execute projects on time with minimal guidance but also work effectively in a team environment.
- Able to work in a fast paced environment while working on multiple projects.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Available to work off hours and weekends to implement changes and work on projects.
- Ability to travel to other business locations as needed.
- Experience with Cisco ASA, Aruba ClearPass, Symantec BlueCoat Proxy, and Zscaler.
- Experience with Cisco VoIP and Collaboration.
- Experience with OpsGenie alert management and JIRA ServiceDesk/ Confluence.