Network Consultants work in an exciting client-facing capacity serving as the primary person handling the IT needs to an assigned set of Dataprise clients. Integrating themselves into their clients’ environments, our Network Consultants are ready to roll up their sleeves, providing proactive network support and maintenance day in and day out. That’s not all though: they partner with clients and act as a trusted IT advisor to provide technology recommendations, allowing our clients to remain competitive when it comes to their IT needs. This position is ideal for those IT enthusiasts with a passion for interfacing with different personalities and problem solving in ever-changing environments. Are you ready for the challenge?
As a Network Consultant, picture yourself:
- Managing on-site networks and providing technical support/consulting to an assigned customer from our base of 1000+ in the NYC Metro Area. Our customer is a small to medium sized businesses that requires IT support ranging from supplemental support to total IT management.
- Serving as a trusted IT advisor in empowering our clients to Win with IT by recommending new technologies and solutions that proactively support and grow client environments.
- Establishing and maintaining networks, servers, and systems by designing, proactively managing, and troubleshooting network problems.
- Traveling to local customer sites to provide scheduled network maintenance, address outstanding concerns, and aid with project implementations and consulting when appropriate.
- Interacting with clients on a daily basis, and effectively communicating with management.
- Providing on-call/after-hours work when necessary.
- Learning a ton, being faced with new challenges every day, and having the autonomy to take ownership of your client accounts.
Our ideal Network Consultant has:
- Several years of related experience with a strong business acumen and determination to impress clients by exceeding their needs and expectations.
- A passion for staying on top of cutting-edge technology and hands-on experience with the latest versions of the following technologies: Windows Server, Exchange Server, Small Business Server, Active Directory, Citrix, Firewalls (SonicWall, Watchguard, Cisco ASA), DNS, DHCP, VMware, heterogeneous LAN environments.
- MCSE/MCITP certifications and a Bachelor's degree (or equivalent work experience) in a related field.
- A profound respect for others with the ability to work collaboratively as well as independently at customer sites.
- An inner drive to succeed and the ability to work in a fast-paced, high-growth environment, with minimal supervision and major responsibility while remaining organized and staying on top of multiple concurrent priorities.
- Great people and verbal/written communication skills.
- The availability to occasionally be on-call or perform work after hours.