Rockville, MD 20850 US
About the Role:
Network Consultants work in an exciting client-facing capacity serving as the primary person handling the IT needs to an assigned set of clients. Integrating themselves into our clients’ environments, our Network Consultants are ready to roll up their sleeves, providing proactive network support and maintenance day in and day out. That’s not all though: they partner with clients and act as a trusted IT advisor to provide technology recommendations, allowing our clients to remain competitive when it comes to their IT needs.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage on-site networks and provide technical support/consulting to an assigned set of customers from our base of 1000+ in the DC metro area. Our customers are small to medium sized businesses that require IT support ranging from supplemental support to total IT management.
- Serve as a trusted IT advisor in empowering our clients to Win with IT by recommending new technologies and solutions that proactively support and grow client environments.
- Establish and maintain networks, servers, and systems by designing, proactively managing, and troubleshooting network problems.
- Travel to local customer sites to provide scheduled network maintenance, address outstanding concerns, and aid with project implementations and consulting when appropriate.
- Interact with clients daily, and effectively communicating with management.
- Learn a ton, being faced with new challenges every day, with the autonomy to take ownership of your client accounts.
- Provide on-call/after-hours work when necessary.
- A few years of related experience with a strong business acumen and determination to impress clients by exceeding their needs and expectations.
- A passion for staying on top of cutting-edge technology and hands-on experience with the latest versions of the following technologies: Windows Server, Exchange Server, Small Business Server, Active Directory, Office 365, Azure, VMWare/HyperV, Storage, Ethernet, Wireless Networks, Citrix, Firewalls (Sonicwall, Watchguard, Cisco ASA), DNS, DHCP, heterogeneous LAN environments.
- MCSE/MCITP certifications and a Bachelor's degree (or equivalent work experience) in a related field.
- A profound respect for others with the ability to work collaboratively as well as independently at customer sites.
- An inner drive to succeed and the ability to work in a fast-paced, high-growth environment, with minimal supervision and major responsibility while remaining organized and staying on top of multiple concurrent priorities.
- Great people and verbal/written communication skills.
- The availability to occasionally be on-call or perform work after hours.
- The ability to travel throughout the DC metro area with reliable transportation.