Manager- Server Engineering
Edison, NJ 08837 US | Work from home flexibility TELECOMMUTE US
The Manager of Server Engineering will lead a team responsible for capturing product requirements from stakeholders, designing system architectures, facilitating communication between functional teams, and driving development and implementation best practices across the server/virtualization/email environment. Directs the Server Engineering team in the design, development, implementation and support of server activities.
- Provides infrastructure and application support (administration, configuration, Incident Management and monitoring) for Server related systems in a 24/7 highly available environment.
- Performs root cause analysis and fault isolation for troubleshooting environmental, server, and application availability issues.
- Leads projects involving the deployment, administration and support of critical infrastructure applications and systems onto Windows platforms.
- Works closely and coordinates with other IT managers and non-technical business units to define and implement a multi-faceted array of technical service projects.
- Drives improvement in processes, manageability, availability and cost efficiency with a strong ability to anticipate future demands, growth and competitive trends.
- Analyzes Servers and initiates corrective actions to ensure operational stability and efficient work-flow.
- Other duties and projects as assigned and in a timely fashion.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Management, IT or other related IT/health field.
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in a technical multi-discipline management.
- A minimum of five years of experience in technical leadership, preferably within healthcare.
- Previous leadership of 15 or more direct reports preferred.
- Ability to foster teamwork while leading and directing the work of others.
- Demonstrated knowledge of IT service management.
- Requires leadership skills, judgment, creativity, and comprehensive knowledge of the field.
- Ability to manage problems and build collaborative relationships.
- Ability to drive strategic direction.
- Proven maturity and strength in team leadership, team building, communication, coaching, and providing timely essential feedback to others.
- Demonstrated ability to proactively address problems and situations.
- ITIL experience preferred
- Working knowledge of Cisco UCS, VMWare, O365, Google Workplace (GSuite), Microsoft server operating systems, Active Directory preferred.