Lead Messaging Engineer
Systems Engineer – Lead Messaging Engineer
The Messaging Engineers are responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining all aspects of the Firm’s messaging infrastructure. As part of the larger Systems Engineering Team, traditional Systems Administrator experience required.
Driving change through technical leadership, the Lead Engineer will interface with both business and technology stakeholders to evolve the messaging infrastructure.
Typical responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Design, development, and implementation of Microsoft Exchange infrastructure in accordance with firm requirements, budgetary considerations, recommendations, and best practices.
- Gather and analyze performance metrices for sizing/design and troubleshooting purposes.
- Document global Messaging infrastructure, including Exchange Database Availability Groups, replication failover patterns, and SMTP routing between systems.
- Develop and test disaster recovery protocols for various messaging component including MS Exchange and Cisco IronPort.
- Interface with tier 3 MS Product support to escalate and troubleshoot high priority cases.
- Integrate MS Exchange with 3rd party systems; Zoom, other business applications.
- Build RBAC permissions models to customize permissions for different staff roles and least privileged service accounts.
- Troubleshoot email delivery, message hygiene, and general client email issues.
- Collaborate with information security and other technology disciplines to ensure secure messaging both in transit and at rest.
- Monitor various messaging components, including but not limited to, Exchange, IronPort, Cisco APP, and ScanMail.
- Design, maintain, and troubleshoot Exchange multi-protocol client/server communications.
- Design, build, and maintain Exchange load balancing infrastructure using NetScaler.
- Monitor and maintain Mobile Device Management platforms, currently MobileIron.
- Create and maintain scripts (PowerShell, PERL, etc.) and scheduled tasks to automate routine tasks and configurations.
- As part of the larger Systems Engineering team, participation in periodic weekly 24/7 on-call rotation.
- Experience administering and troubleshooting Windows Server 2012/2016/2019, RHEL, VMWare, and Windows 10.
- Configure and troubleshoot core services including DNS, DHCP, GPO, etc.
- Work closely with IS Operations and Networking to achieve optimal performance of supported technologies.
- Very strong technical skills, attention to detail, and excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong ability to create and maintain detailed system documentation. In addition, must be a creative thinker with proven problem-solving ability.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including demonstrated ability to work in a highly collaborative flat organization.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's degree in related field preferred
- 7+ years related experience required
- Experience at a large law firm or professional services organization strongly preferred