Lead - Global IT Workspace Engineering
Parsippany, NJ 07054 US | Fully Remote TELECOMMUTE US
IT Global Workplace Lead
As the IT Digital Workplace Lead you are a hands-on leader entirely responsible for Digital Workplace; Collaboration (Office 365, MS Teams, SharePoint, Printing, Conference Rooms) and End User Computing (EndPoint, Intune, AutoPilot, Desktop Apps, Patching, MDM, SCCM, AD). This role will be overseeing and continuously improving service delivery from our Managed Service Provider in the Digital Workplace towers which includes providing digital workplace services, managing incidents, service requests and monitoring KPI's. You will be responsible for hands-on involvement in designing, deploying and troubleshooting digital workplace services. The role requires knowledge of Microsoft technologies, security concepts, end user computing, distributed systems and operations.
- Be a Leader: You’ll create the long-term vision for your area, execute projects or initiatives to realize the tower vision as well as overseeing the day to day operations of Digital Workplace operational activities. The decisions and actions you and your team make, will impact the solutions we provide to our business.
- Multi-task and Teamwork: You’ll manage employees and engage external partners as needed, as well as manage contractual expectations such as SLA adherence, scope, and customer satisfaction with managed service providers. Because you’ll be supporting a diverse user population across multiple sites as well as employees working remotely, you’ll need to be able to personally address high-priority request/issues while directing, monitoring and guiding others to resolve concurrent issues. You create a culture of teamwork and demonstrate this through your leadership and individual behaviour.
- Be Business Focused: You’ll hold internal, business stakeholder, and business facing status meetings, monthly updates, and quarterly meetings which report on performance, issues, and continuous improvement.
- Courage to continuously set high standards: Never complacent, you seek ambitious goals for yourself, your team and all of those around you. What makes you an effective leader is that you’re willing, able and disciplined to do the work required to achieve worthy objectives.
- Oversee 100% of the requests, incidents and problems related to Data Center, Cloud and Networks. Manages and coordinates urgent and complicated support issues. Act as escalation point for all requests and incidents and liaison with 3rd Party vendors. Develop and maturely handle phone/ticket escalation processes to ensure free flowing escalation and information within the organization. Determine root cause of issues and communicate appropriately to end users and the business.
- Ensure processes, procedures and designs are up to date and/or created when missing or a new solution is designed. Ensure Global IT Infrastructure standards are followed and utilized when possible.
- Lead the planning, development, implementation and communication of the organizations Infrastructure solutions, technology and processes
- Identify areas for improvement and revise standards and designs as part of the Infrastructure roadmap
- Own the IT Infrastructure Asset Management process including recommending improvements to the processes as well as monitoring and auditing the existing processes. Execute the procurement process for new hardware, software and licenses. Successfully pass internal audits.
- Gather weekly KPIs and report to management for trend analysis and continuous improvement purposes.
- Manage the process for communicating outage/emergency activities to the organization. Manage vendor relationships as it depends upon daily operational needs. Review survey feedback to improve services, tools and support experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, computer science or related discipline is preferred
- 5 - 12 years of experience in the area of IT Infrastructure Management (Digital Workplace, Collaboration, End User Computing) within a global organization
- 5 - 10 years managing and leading mid-to-large teams of technical personnel
- Proven experience leading and growing cloud and network environments for a mid-size and large organizations (2.5K to 10K+ users)
- Excellent trouble-shooting abilities in software and hardware and the ability to lead outage calls and trouble-shooting conversations until resolved and provide detailed root cause analysis reports
- Must have exceptional interpersonal skills to work with clients from all levels of the organization
- Must have strong decision making and time management skills
- Experience administrating request tracking system such as ServiceNow
- Must have experience in Office 365, Active Directory, MDM, Image administration
- Must be able to monitor and drive teams to perform at high levels resulting in maximum customer satisfaction
- Knowledge on ITIL standards and methods, ITIL certification is a plus
- Good communication and stakeholder management skills. Must be able to communicate with users from all levels, including interacting with C-level Leadership
- Great sense of urgency and pro-active behavior
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Work independently, self-management capability
- Exceptional team player
- Must be able to safely lift/move IT equipment of 25kg
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally as needed
- Self-starter with the ability to adapt interpersonal styles and techniques to influence at all levels of the organization