Installation Validation Technician
We are seeking an individual with technical skills to follow installation instructions for software implementation within 900+ locations
Responsibilities include but are not limited to checking hardware, software and support entities prior to major installations occurring within our corporate and store environments.
The main focus of this position will be to follow a stringent check on store and corporate specific incidents, support tickets, hardware status and software status prior to an installation occurring two weeks prior, one week prior and day before installation is scheduled.
Individual technical skills will include the ability to log into Microsoft Windows operating systems, leveraging system management software to remote check devices, follow Standard Operating Procedures, reviewing support tickets, opening requests for changes, reviewing asset information, and escalating any issues or out of specifications devices to hardware or software assigned groups.
Manages, escalates, and resolves level 1 technology service issues for devices and associates. Facilitates issue resolution between internal IT teams and external IT business partners.
Manages support solutions and applications to resolve operational issues, performance issues and support issues. Facilitates the development of standard operating procedures and processes for support entities using these solutions, both for corporate and store technology environments.
Position Summary: Install Validation Technician
Focal point of this position = Checking hardware, software, and status of store devices and infrastructure prior to installation within scheduled stores. Resolve or escalate issues to fix them prior to scheduled installation.
Install Validation Technician works with the IT and business department managers to help implement solutions, outline approaches and make adjustments within the constraints set to achieve business objectives. Assist IT and business resources to ensure results conform to quality, time and budgetary stipulations. Maintains an appropriate relationship with customers, business partners and other business associates.
· Act as a installation technician for internal business teams and the IT department, to help check IT environments and implement new and existing technologies;
· Implementation of technology solution (significant amount of support may need to be performed outside of normal working hours)
· Escalate issues to 2nd- and 3rd-level support for our end-user computing environment, including desktop-based systems, mobile devices, multi-function devices, and locally installed and hosted software.
· Auto-discover devices and applications to monitor environment
· Develop and send out status reports
· User account management and provisioning proficiency
· Works independently prioritizing workload of incidents and service requests.
· Troubleshoots and provides solutions to unresolved hardware and software problems.
· Engages additional technical staff as needed, especially cross-platform - Windows Server, Security Operations, Network, as examples.
· Tracks ticket information and updates tickets to resolve customer issues while meeting SLA’s
· Assists in creating and maintaining required documentation, such as knowledgebase articles and appropriate IT-related communications.
· Utilizes appropriate processes to complete work, i.e. Service Request, ERP, HRIS, etc.
· Ability to apply IT security standards and practices as well as adhere to these standards in the development and design of new and existing technologies within our corporate and store infrastructure.
Management / Support
· Maintains a very high degree of decision impact due to system privileges and responsibilities.
· Analyze and define system design, configuration, hardware, software and associated utilities
· Administer, support and maintain infrastructure components; Troubleshoot low-level hardware and software problems and document procedures to guide resolution process.
· Act as a liaison with hardware vendors for repairs and maintenance of equipment.
· Ensure the use of configuration management tools to prevent temporary or undocumented configuration changes; participates in change control process as required
· Provide support vendors with documented procedures and training material as well as safety standards in order to provide superior support services. This includes the management of our support vendors in many aspects
· Follow production support models designed to enhance response times and maintain high availability of all production infrastructure components and systems
• A+ or Network+ Certification
• Microsoft Desktop Certifiactes a plus
• 5+ years of related work experience
• Strong oral and written communication skills; ability to communicate technical concepts to non technical Associates
• Positive attitude with a focus on Customer Service
• Excellent analytical abilities
• Ability to be on-call 24/7 when required
• Good organization, time and stress management skills
• Strong multi-tasking abilities
• Must be able to work well under pressure and make informed decisions