Information System Training Coordinator
New York, NY 10017 | Work from home flexibility TELECOMMUTE US
Key Coordinator Responsibilities
- Oversee all new hire scheduling, workshops, and courses in the learning management system/calendar administration.
- Maintain new hire wiki and scheduling agendas.
- Coordinate regularly with departments and office management to create and finalize schedules.
- Ensure coverage for evening training sessions and coordinate with non-New York Trainers.
- Review Heat tickets to identify areas for training to improve user knowledge and development of classes.
- Respond to requests for training classes or classroom reservations utilizing the intranet training calendar.
- Work with the Training Manager and team to continually assess and refine New Hire training program.
- Initiate projects where applicable; take lead on key programs, application launches, and video learning.
- Assist with training projects, keep track of tasks, and effectively communicate progress and results regularly to Training Manager.
- Mentor new and existing trainers on key projects and classes.
- Oversee all template creation and maintenance in Word, PowerPoint, and Excel programs.
- Participate in key software rollouts/upgrades meetings including planning and testing of software.
- Continue classroom and one-on-one training in a secondary role.
Additional Training Responsibilities
Training responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Periodically conduct formal classroom training and desk side training.
- Periodically conduct remote training sessions with location offices using Webex/Zoom.
- Develop training materials, including course outlines, user guides, exercises, instructional sheets, and quick reference cards in conjunction with department standards.
- Maintain classroom conditions (cleanliness, equipment installed and fully operational) and supplies.
- Maintain adequate quantities of training materials.
- Collaborate with other IS Trainers and Support staff to develop materials and presentations for upcoming classes.
- Interface and maintain effective communication with other Training and Information Systems staff.
- Interface with internal and external departments to ensure effective communication and documentation regarding program additions, changes, etc.
- Participate in software and hardware rollouts/upgrades including planning and testing of software.
- Solicit student evaluations upon completion of training classes and communicate results to Training Manager and appropriate department heads.
- Acquire and maintain current knowledge of relevant product offerings and support policies to provide technically accurate solutions to users.
- Attend ongoing training programs and professional meetings i.e., PLTG to stay abreast of current technologies.
- Possess strong problem-solving skills.
- Possess excellent organizational skills.
- Complete weekly follow-up e-mails to users to maintain positive user perspective.
A proven ability to develop class outlines and documentation is essential. Trainers must possess strong technical skills in Microsoft Office 2016/365 products. Additional program experience such as Heat, InterAction, Acrobat, ChangePro, any third-party numbering suite, iManage or any document management system are a plus. All trainers will report directly to the Information Systems Training Manager within the Information Systems Department.
This candidate should possess excellent interpersonal, presentation, business/technical oral, and written communication skills. Moreover, the candidate must be a self-starter, have strong analytical skills, and be attentive to details. This position involves occasional travel to our location offices. An understanding of the firm’s practice, culture, and support operations, especially its technology systems, is invaluable.
Education and/or Experience
The ideal candidate will have strong professional experience and a minimum of two years in formal classroom training experience as well as a broad knowledge of computer software and IT technology. A Bachelor’s degree is also required.