IT Service Manager
Long Island City, NY 11101 | Work from home flexibility TELECOMMUTE US
This position is responsible for managing the footprint and value to the business of ServiceNow. Managing a team of 7 Developers, not Service Desk Technicians. 2-3 days onsite. Change, Service Mapping, Incident, Release Calendars, Risk Mitigation, and Assest Management are a few of the key modules that they are using.
This Manager is a member of the IT Service Management leadership team and has responsibility for the Change and Service Management function. The Manager establishes near term change and service management strategies, performance monitoring plans and drives improvement to frameworks and processes. The Manager provides financial stewardship for ITSM software and services. The Manager partners closely with IT Leadership to foster adherence to processes and efficiencies.
The Manager is comfortable with maintaining a public profile and building relationships throughout the organization. The Manager is also able to change priorities and focus to meet business demands, excels when working on complex projects, is motivated to deliver results.
- Direct the Change and Service Management teams to ensure changes are performed according to agreed and documented policies, meet process definitions and manages exceptions.
- Has end to end responsibility for Change Management to ensure business requirements are met and operations are efficient and effective.
- Working directly with Infrastructure & Service Management, infrastructure peers, IT Strategy and Enterprise Architecture to establish end user service strategies to meet current and anticipated application and business requirements. Execute strategies through a well-manage project portfolio. Develop and promote business cases as required.
- Manage financial aspects of assigned area, including purchasing, budgeting, and budget review.
- Provide leadership for service lifecycle management across all in-scope service tracks including business case development.
- Responsible for ensuring support of the environment is appropriate and meets agreed upon targets.
- Lead respective IT group operations and planning, including fostering innovation, planning projects.
- Partner to deliver an IT Strategy and an annual plan to support the business functions aligned to the area of responsibly including a solution and / or application and / or platform services roadmap
- Benchmark, analyze, report on, and make recommendations for the improvement and growth within area of IT Service Management.
- Ensure that IT and business standards and procedures are maintained in accordance with Company policies and all audit, security and regulatory requirements
- Lead and guide team and/or indirect members to support the engagement, growth and development of Succession plan for the IT department
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related discipline and/or demonstrated capability to perform job responsibilities through five (5) previous years of experience and education
- Three (3) years of Supervisory/Management experience
- Three (3) years’ experience in an IT/Business liaison role managing relationships with business customers
- Three (3) years’ experience managing large portfolios or operating budgets and delivering large scale IT projects.
- Three (2) years portfolio management, project delivery, and business partner management
- Knowledge of technology fundamentals and concepts; Microsoft technologies preferred
- Available for moderate overnight travel (up to 35%)