IT Service Desk Analyst
Douglassville, PA 19518 | Fully Remote TELECOMMUTE US
Client is currently seeking an experienced IT Service Desk Technician to join our IT Service Desk team reporting to the IT Service Desk Manager. The IT Service Desk hours of operation are 7 a.m. – 7 p.m. ET Monday to Friday and may require the candidate to work shifts within that time period as necessary.
The position coordinates, diagnoses, and troubleshoots incoming employee calls using industry best practices. Provides support services to employees with technical problems and information technology issues involving desktop, laptop or network services from company users in offices across the country or working remotely. Deliver timely resolution of problems or escalation on behalf of the customer to appropriate technical personnel. Provides ticket status updates to management and end-users. Supports and maintains effective relationships with users. Upholds standard operating procedures and customer service guidelines relating to remote IT support.
- Field incoming service desk requests from end users via both telephone and e-mail in a courteous manner.
- Evaluate documented resolutions and analyze trends for ways to prevent future problems.
- Document all pertinent end user identification information, including things like name, department, contact information, and detailed nature of problem or issue.
- Build rapport and elicit problem details from service desk customers.
- Prioritize and escalate problems (when required) to the appropriately experienced technician.
- Record, track, and document the service desk request problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to final resolution.
- Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
- Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and frequently asked questions resources to aid in problem resolution.
- Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization.
- Install software.
- Test fixes to ensure problem has been adequately resolved and perform post-resolution follow up on help requests.
- Update knowledge base as needed.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of basic computer hardware, software, and peripherals including but not limited to:
- Windows 10
- Office 365
- Virtual Desktops (VMWare / Unidesk / Citrix)
- iPhone / iPad support
- Active Directory administration
- Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)
- Printers / Copiers
- Working knowledge of a range of PC, network, and system diagnostic utilities.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening, and questioning skills.
- Strong documentation and troubleshooting skills.