IT Clinical Systems Applications Analyst
Hopewell, NJ 08525 US
Provides technical support in the configuration and utilization of application software to ensure optimum performance and data integrity for clinical systems and third party associated products. Communicates, technically and non-technically, with team members, IS staff, IS management, system users, and vendors to ensure successful and cooperative completion of tasks and projects to resolve problems in a timely manner. Provides project focused expertise on interface configuration, user security and clinical content build.
• Assists management with the strategic direction of clinical supported EMR applications.
• Provides support in the knowledge of application database configuration. Exhibits understanding of EMR's and quickly develops proficiency for new application systems as demonstrated by the ability to efficiently and effectively adapt systems to business needs and processes.
• Analyzes departmental workflow, builds templates and forms to comply with operational and regulatory requirements.
• Completes documentation necessary for all planned database configurations, tests, implementations, upgrades, and conversions including work plans, test plans, data audit plans, and implementation schedules. Coordinates and installs new software applications as necessary.
• Communicates and follows up with customers in a positive and meaningful manner on the status of problems and projects.
• Provides updates on the status of project implementations and problem resolutions to management as necessary. Communicates problems and resolution status to IS staff, management, users and vendors in a timely and professional manner as evidenced by positive and successful relationships and results.
• Exercises independent judgment of solution recommendations for the implementation and maintenance of clinical systems and integration with various third party interface.
• Manages all aspects of end user security for the EHR. Resolves end user systems issues and directs appropriate issues to the vendor for tracking and resolution.
• Supports, monitors and maintains HL7 interfaces. Oversees the interface testing process, monitors transactions and resolution to issues.
• Reviews system and process design proactively and exercises discretion and judgement to discover opportunities for improvement or consideration of new technologies. Engages departmental management and staffs in ongoing analysis of business processes with new or existing systems. Develops methods of identifying obstacles proactively for successful project completion and recommends effective plans to eliminate or minimize obstacles.
• Maintains updated knowledge of all applicable system software, policy and procedures.
• Provide application support and training to end users at all levels - clerical and clinical staff.
• Associate's degree or equivalent experience.
• Three years experience in supporting an Enterprise system platform along with one year in application support. Previous experience with various aspects of Operating systems, data base operations,interfaces and system analysis.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, organization skill, and advanced computer skills.
• Advanced computer skills. Two years in systems configuration and design. Systems analysis and design, data base concepts, application system experience, various operating system experience