Financial Systems Programmer/Analyst
New York, NY
The Financial Systems Programmer/Analyst will design
and write computer programs for financial systems,
database design and data retrieval / manipulation.
Typical responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the
- Design and implement programs and utilities. Perform database design in support of same.
- Gain sufficient mastery of current database in order to quickly respond to ad hoc requests for data
- Work with Business Analyst to help gather program & data specifications based upon client requirements.
- Integrate third-party software and data into the Firm’s financial systems. Perform knowledge-transfer with vendors who have supplied custom software to the firm in order to take over responsibility of same.
- Adhere to standards for programming, documentation and source code control. Monitor team adherence to said standards.
- Ability to work in a team environment. Participate in, and contribute to, regular team meetings. Interact with Information Systems personnel as needed.
- Ability to take over a project from another developer while maintaining the original design methodology without having to “begin from scratch”.
- Assist in recommendation for best approach to a project by using variety of programming tools, languages and databases.
- Assist Business Analyst in creating documentation of financial systems and processes
Must have in-depth knowledge in one or more of the
following computer languages and databases: MS
Visual Studio (C# or VB.Net), MS Azure, SSRS,
SSIS, MS SqlServer
- Experience with HTML/XML/CSS
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including advanced Excel (design, lookups, pivot tables).
- Experience with business intelligence and data analytics software such as Power BI, Tableau, Alteryx a plus
- Experience working with Aderant, Practice Management Systems or other ERP systems
- Familiarity with professional services firms.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Strong communication (oral and written) skills.
- Solid interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management abilities.
- Candidate must adopt a problem-solving approach to projects.
- Have experience with user support.
- Ability to prioritize and meet conflicting deadlines
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Information Systems or related field or 5 years programming experience.
- Minimum 2+ years’ experience in similar capacity.