End User Support - Boston
Boston, MA 02108
This role is a fantastic opportunity to gain global experience working for one of the largest law firms in the world and learn the unique approach that a truly global firm utilizes towards Information Technology.
The Support Analyst will help support staff and clients to ensure the needs of the business are functioning properly and efficiently.
- Involves acting as a reliable point of contact for users, ensuring proper functioning of equipment, and maintaining good customer relationships. The IT function is crucial to the day-to-day success of the business and the Support Analyst will play an essential part in this model.
"Essential functions" are primary job duties that incumbents must be able to perform unassisted or with some reasonable accommodation made by our client. Essential duties and responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Provide first class support for all end user devices and applications used within the US region. This includes but is not limited to iManage, MS Office suite, Adobe products, conferencing and collaboration systems and all end user devices.
- Ensure that incidents and requests are properly logged, assigned, tracked, and responded to in a timely manner and according to agreed standards and procedures.
- Ensure customers and other interested parties are kept informed of progress and that corrective action is taken to avoid or minimize delays.
- Ensure accurate and timely updates are recorded and maintained in the IT Service Management System.
- Promptly allocate incidents and requests as appropriate.
- Ensure all incidents and requests are responded to within a timely manner (and within SLAs where defined).
- Pass and monitor calls to the appropriate team if cannot be resolved by self and liaise with 3rd party vendors when appropriate and ensure customers are updated of events relating to their call. Follow up until resolved with the assigned team and/or 3rd Party Vendor.
- Record all requests for assistance accurately in the call management system, using the most appropriate source to resolve incidents.
- Appropriate escalation of incidents and requests to the End User Support Manager in line with our client’s processes.
- Build and maintain good customer relationships.
- Provide basic support for Desk phones and Conference phones and assist with office moves and setups.
- Setup and support trial war rooms.
- Build, test and install Desktops, Laptops and Printers and manage inventory within the CMDB.
- Develop an understanding of the business and departments that you support.
- Complete tasks and other assigned work to agreed deadlines.
- Set up devices for new joiners.
- Onboard new joiners.
- The role holder is expected to consider Information Security in all aspects of their role. The role holder is also expected to promote awareness and encourage compliance with Our client’s Information Security policies. The role holder is required to complete the annual Information Security awareness training within the given timeframe.
- At least 4 years’ experience in a law firm or professional services firm
- Strong knowledge of iManage Work and DeskSite
- At least 3 years’ experience of mobile device support including Apple devices, RSA and MobileIron
- Strong knowledge of Laptops, Desktops, Windows 10, and Apple iOS
- Experience supporting Microsoft Technologies (Office 2016, Teams, OneDrive, etc.)
- Experience using Remote Support Technologies (SCCM, Team Viewer)
- Experience using Active Directory and Cisco Call Manager
- Experience with Source Code
- Ability to assist in IT processes that are used by our attorney’s and staff on a daily basis
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Excellent communication skills
- Flexible, customer focused approach to service delivery
- An enthusiasm for learning about current and new technologies
- Both Domestic and International travel may be required necessitating a passport and the flexibility to travel as needed
- To meet specific, agreed metrics and maintain these
- A good team player and willing to share skills and experience with others
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Please note that lifting of equipment (including but not limited to PCs, monitors, and printers) will be required as part of this role
- There is a requirement to work some weekends and perform out of hours work, office moves, PC
- The Service Desk is the first point of contact for internal customers and external clients, it is essential for the IT Support Analyst to deliver high levels of service to both these groups.
- Work closely with Support Team Managers to deliver an efficient and effective service.
- Work closely with other IT Service Management teams to ensure a seamless approach to support, service, and security.
- This position reports directly to the End User Support Manager and works closely with other members of the U.S. Information Technology team.