Desktop Support Specialist
Austin, TX 78750
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Works with Service Desk, Infrastructure, and Applications team staff as appropriate to diagnose and resolve level 2 and 3 support problems received from clients.
- Follow company and departmental standards for the imaging, configuration, and support of site IT hardware, operating system, drivers, accessories, audio/visual equipment, telecom, VoIP, printers, desktop and mobile phones.
- Responsible to deliver excellent customer service while providing proactive desktop technical support.
- Participate in important department and companywide technology projects including testing and deployment of new equipment, applications, and systems.
- Track and update tickets as well as well as maintain computer and technology equipment inventory as part of the service desk support platform.
- Deployment of software applications to both physical computers and VDI environment.
- Perform moves, adds, and changes to VoIP phone system.
- Performs basic setup and support for audio, video, and video conference needs.
- Interact with vendor support contacts to resolve technical problems.
- Works with procurement staff to purchase hardware, software, and other IT supplies and equipment.
- Visit other regional or project offices to provide support as needed.
- Work with project teams for IT support for any office moves, renovations, or acquisitions.
Knowledge / Skills:
- Ability to provide excellent customer service in a fast-paced environment, with attention to detail and a persistence to solve problems in a timely and professional manner.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize appropriately, working on both support and project based tasks and responsibilities.
- Possess strong organizational skills.
- Ability to think analytically and solve problems; conduct analysis of alternatives, make recommendations, and issue resolutions.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, to technical and non-technical individuals at all levels of the organization, from entry level to executive leadership.
- Strong troubleshooting skills with the ability to work independent and with a team.
- Strong knowledge of personal computing hardware and software, local / wide area networks, printers/copiers, and peripherals.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office365, Teams, and Sharepoint
- Knowledge of user and device management in Microsoft Active Directory.
- Experience administering Cisco VoIP phone systems.
- Experience with computer images, application deployment, and support tools in Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM).