Business System Analyst
Dover, NJ 07801 US
- Manage and support core banking, financial applications systems, and configurations. Determines the most appropriate analytical approaches, computing techniques, and data sources to translate business requirements into information delivery. Provides critical feedback and recommendations for process improvements with emphasis on reusability, automation, and reconciliation.
- Meets with decision makers, systems owners, and end users to define business requirements and systems goals, and identify and resolve business systems issues. Takes the lead within the Technology department on the analysis and testing of all new system enhancements and productivity tools. Aid in establishing work procedures to meet production schedules.
- Integrates various data sources across multiple database platforms. These sources include but are not limited to Datasafe, FICS, and Prism. Uses a variety of software, including SQL, Access, and Excel. Determines the appropriate software tools based on the goals of the assignment.
- Continually tune systems and code to enhance performance on existing databases and applications.
- Coordinate with Business Unit Teams and outside vendors to define, document, and execute acceptance criteria.
- Install, test, and debug new enhancements received from software vendors in accordance with standard operating procedures and practices to ensure proper utilization before implementation of the production system. Participate and work directly with stakeholders involved in product launches to configure our core banking and financial applications systems.
- Assists employees in solving routine system software, hardware, and procedure problems.
- Assists with periodic testing and implementation of contingency plans to ensure the availability of applications in case of system failure.
- Maintains current understanding of industry standards, trends, and best practices
- through industry availability of applications in case of system failure.
- Three to five years of work experience analyzing and solving credit union/banking/financial-related business challenges.
- Working knowledge of Enterprise Level Business Intelligence reporting tools such as SQL, Microsoft Access, Crystal Reports, Business Objects, and database reporting required.
- Previous experience working with deposit, lending, applications, and software.
- Hands-on experience working with groups to analyze, decline and develop business requirements and workflow processes, including IT-related requirements.
- Experience with business analytics and financial dashboards.
BA/BS in Information Systems or BA/BS in Business, Finance, or related field with equivalent work experience required.
- A significant level of trust, credibility, and diplomacy is required.
- Must understand the importance of professional, client-facing communications and have a natural ability to build rapport with colleagues and stakeholders.
- Ability to quickly learn technology platforms so that you can troubleshoot complicated support issues.
- Self-starter that thrives in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Knowledge of complex banking/financial processes and can anticipate business needs in advance.
- Detail oriented, organized, and understands what it means to be able to multi-task.
- Knowledge of the credit union/banking/financial services, its products, and operating environments.