Newark, NJ 07102 | Work from home flexibility TELECOMMUTE US
Hybrid work arrangement; remote and in office 2-3 days per week in Newark, NJ
The Software Developer will be part of the development team, which will have the responsibility for supporting home built custom applications using Microsoft .NET Core framework and PostgreSQL. Utilizing a Software Development Life Cycle, the Software developer will work with technical and non-technical associated in defining business and technical requirements to develop new functions or redesign/consolidate existing processes. Participate in a small, experienced, energetic team on a rapid, agile development schedule. This position may be required to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays.
This position reports to the Senior Solutions Architect.
What You'll Be Doing
- Work with team in building, maintenance and support of web services and web-based applications.
- Utilize established development tools, guidelines and conventions including but not limited to .NET Core, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, HTML, CSS, Angular 6, and C#/VB.NET.
- Design, code and test web software applications.
- Strong hands-on experience developing Web Services REST API.
- Enhance existing systems by analyzing business objectives, preparing an action plan and identifying areas for modification and improvement.
- Maintain existing software systems by identifying and correcting software defects.
- Experience in troubleshooting critical business issues using tools such as debugging, profiling, etc.
- Full lifecycle experience developing large scale, scalable applications.
- Experience working as a developer on Scrum teams using Agile methodologies.
- Strong understanding of security, performance tuning and optimization
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 3 years of experience
- Engineer level experience in .NET, Angular 6, SQL 2012+, and PostgreSQL technologies
- Ability to design and optimize SQL Server stored procedures
- Experience with integrating web design with back-end coding
- Experience of building and maintaining content management systems
- Good understanding of cross-platform and cross-browser issues
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming
- Working knowledge of software development life cycle activities
- Working knowledge of systems interface
- Quality assurance concepts and procedures
- Data security assurance concepts and procedures
- Familiar with Azure Cloud Services
- Well versed with agile methodologies Git-flow processes and source control.
- Experience with DevOps practices/methodologies