Sr Systems Engineer
Iselin, NJ 08830
As a Systems Engineer you will be a critical part of our customer’s experience. You will be assisting our customers, troubleshooting issues, researching and implementing creative solutions to problems, managing customer requests through to resolution, all while providing a high level of service to every customer. You will often work with other technical teams across the firm and assist the Technical Lead of your pod team in advising other Systems Engineers as well as tackling advanced technical problems.
Systems Engineers must be highly technical and comfortable handling various server operating systems, Citrix, Terminal Services, Exchange, Disaster Recovery, Networking and local desktop/mobile devices. Our ideal candidate has prior experience working in a support or escalation role, excels at customer service and building rapport with users, has a thorough understanding of relevant technology concepts, and is passionate about staying at the forefront of an ever-evolving technology landscape.
- 5+ years working in a Support/Service role
- 5+ years of general systems engineering experience in Data Center or Multi-Tenant Environment
- 5+ years of experience engineering and managing a Citrix XenDesktop/XenApp/NetScaler environment
- Extensive knowledge in networking technologies including: TCIP/IP, DHCP, DNS, VLAN, VPN, NAT, and various WAN technologies.
- Degree/certification or equivalent practical experience
- Strong working knowledge of Citrix XenApp and Microsoft Terminal Server solutions
- Experience in Desktop, Terminal Server, and SaaS Applications
- Understanding of e-mail routing, filtering, archiving
- Solid understanding and operational experience in high availability, high performance systems
- Experience in utilization of naitve and third-party troubleshooting tools
- Experience in vendor management and interaction
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Strong customer service, prioritization, and multitasking skills
- Strong communication skills to articulate complex solutions and strategies to global customers and teams at all levels
- Attention to detail
- SOS (See it, Own it, Solve it attitude)
Nice to haves:
- Network certifications: CCNP/CCDP or CCIE Certifications
- Citrix certifications: CCP, CCE, CCIA, CCEE, or CCAA