R&D SW Engineer Azure
Parsippany, NJ 07054
R&D Sr. Software Engineer – Developer for Cloud
Under the supervision of the Data Analytics and Services Functional Manager the incumbent is a member of a team of software engineers responsible for providing the specification and architecture for new products, requirements analysis, as well as design and development of cloud infrastructure for data capture and data integration with medical devices and healthcare applications.
o Development and design of client-server software modules and protocols/APIs to integrate devices and application systems, including Bluetooth enabled devices, mobile device applications and cloud enabled applications.
o Design and implementation of MSMQ (Microsoft Messaging Queue) and AppFabric Cache.
o Deliver solutions in support of full life-cycle implementation of software products and systems utilizing a structured, documented software development process and generally accepted software engineering methods.
o Document requirements specification and protocol API creation and subsequent maintenance of technical documentation in support of quality system and process requirements.
o Conceptual design and subsequent development of feasibility prototypes of system features and technology.
o Active participation in offerings development by reviewing specification and risk assessment. Provide detailed input to R&D team members regarding the technical feasibility of proposed designs, technical risks, and potential mitigation strategies.
· Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or Electrical Engineering, with 6 plus years of experience, or MS with 6 plus years of experience
· Experience with client-server transaction-level synchronization and back-end synchronization/replication.
· Proven record in full life cycle software development and delivery
· Excellent oral/written communication skills (passionate, persuasive, and assertive)
· Must have good technical, written, and spoken communication skills. Must work well in cross-functional multi-site including offshore teams and have ability to develop/learn on one’s own.
· Design and implementation knowledge for Authorization/Authentication services including standards such as oAuth.
· Experience programming (.NET)
o Programming OO
o Programming Design Patterns
o Programming Web Services
· Relevant Microsoft technologies
o SQL Server, SSIS, SSRS
o Entity Framework,
o WCF Framework, WPF (Windows Presentation Foundation)
· Minimum 2-3 years Azure working experience
· Experience with SQL and NoSQL DBs
· Understanding of hybrid cloud solutions and experience of integrating public cloud into tradition/private hosting/cloud models
· Strong understanding of cloud migration techniques (on premise to Cloud Platforms)
· Azure IaaS, PaaS, FaaS
· Deployed application with RESTful/SOAP services interfaces
· Create and manage security at the subscription and resource group levels
· Create automation tasks and books on all functions for future use
· Work with business to coordinate Azure deployments, cutover, and go live per SILC and needs
· Audit access on a regular basis to ensure security has not been compromised
BS in Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering with 10 plus years’ experience or MS with 10 plus years of experience
· Design and implementation of security around Web Services and Relation database.
· Experience with system performance problem analysis, triage, and solution activities. Able to untangle web of issues, prototype, and deliver recommendations to resolve tough system problems.
· Background in medical devices/regulated industry product development
· Experience working with software development / requirements analysis tools