Parsippany, NJ 07054
The Project Manager reports to the PMO Manager and is ultimately responsible for the successful delivery of technology infrastructure solutions to the business users. In pursuit of this goal, the PM will need to: manage relationships with multiple stakeholders; assemble and manage a cross-functional team of technologists and analysts; define implementation plans and estimate schedule, effort and cost; assess the quality of the work; manage progress, risks and problems throughout the project life cycle; manage multiple concurrent projects with shared resources; and, ensure the customer’s satisfaction with the final product.
The Project Manager has experience establishing excellent project management practices where none previously existed. The ideal candidate also has experience using multiple solution development methods and is capable of selecting the correct approach for any given project.
Responsibilities would include:
- The Project Manager is responsible for driving and delivering highly complex projects.
- Evaluating the benefits of a project and ensuring that the project goals are aligned with the business strategy.
- Defining and managing the scope, schedule, and plan for projects throughout the life cycle.
- Assembling an excellent team and managing them throughout the project.
- Managing all significant issues and risks and escalating as necessary.
- Making the project transparent to the sponsors and stakeholders.
- Managing engagements with outside vendors for staff augmentation.
- Has 8+ years of responsibility for project delivery. 10+ years of total related experience in project management or development.
- Has experience using multiple infrastructure development life cycles.
- Has knowledge of PM methodology,
- Has a solid understanding of intersection between tech ops, engineering and project/delivery management.
- Understands what processes are suited to different kinds of projects.
- Uses metrics and instrumentation in project management.
- Experience building and leading high performance teams.
- Experience managing technology and consulting vendor relationships.
- Ability to communicate clearly and excellently with a wide variety of people/functions.
- Ability to identify and diagnose problems.
- Ability to create a framework.
- Flexible, open-minded, and is comfortable giving and receiving feedback