Secaucus, NJ 07094
Major Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Key contributor in network planning, network architecture design and engineering.
- Integrates and schematically depicts communication architectures, topologies, hardware, software, transmission and signaling links and protocols into complete network configurations.
- Assists in the planning, forecasting, implementation, and identification of resource requirements for network systems (Telco, Video, VoIP, etc.) of moderate complexity.
- Responsible for the support and maintenance of hardware and software components of the Cisco voice solution, including Unified Communications Manager and voice gateways.
- Designs and implements new unified communications solutions from delivery of the components through configuration of hardware, installation and configuration of software and implementation.
- Evaluates new products, performs network problem resolution and assists development and documentation of technical standards and network designs.
- Monitors protocol compatibility, performs system tuning and makes recommendations for improvement.
- Design and deploy company LANs, WANs, and wireless networks, including routers, switches, and other hardware.
- Design and implement the global enterprise networks.
- Configure networks to ensure their smooth and reliable operation for fulfilling business objectives and processes.
- Conduct research on network products, services, protocols, and standards to remain abreast of developments in the networking industry.
- Monitor network performance and troubleshoot problem areas as needed.
- Collaborate with management and department leaders to assess near- and long-term network capacity needs.
- Practice network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications.
- Assist in designing and implementing disaster recovery plans for LAN and WAN network connections and protocols.
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to network configuration, network mapping, processes, and service records.
- Bachelor's degree in related field, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in network design/architecture, hands on implementation and configuration of routers, switches, hubs, firewalls, and cabling in a large network environment.
- Expert knowledge of Cisco routers and Switches: expert knowledge of MPLS, OSPF, EIGRP, BGP, FR/ATM, SONET, ACLs, TCP/IP., Data Center, Infrastructure and Cabling, VPNs, Firewalls, Load Balancers, IPT/VoIP, and Wireless solutions.
- Extensive experience designing, implementing, and troubleshooting Cisco switching technologies including VLANs, Spanning Tree Protocol, VLAN Trunking Protocol, inter-VLAN routing, and trunking with ISL and 802.1q.
- Project Management and System Integration skills.
- Leadership and customer service skills essential.
- Excellent oral communication and technical writing skills.