IT infrastructure Operations Analyst
Newark, NJ 07102
Team function & responsibilities
As a part of IT Infrastructure operations, analyst will function as a team member responsible for delivery of services across several IT infrastructure areas. This includes, Service desk, administration, maintenance, monitoring and operations of Windows and Linux, servers/desktops, VMware and storage systems. A focus on maintaining stable and supportable environments adhering to defined engineering standards and service levels.
Provide request, incident and problem management for users and supported systems. Following service and change management procedures systems and users supported
Knowledge and experience administering Windows Server and Desktop Operating Systems, VMWare is necessary. A particular strong background VMWare View and VMware VSAN administration is desirable. Familiarity with Linux operating Systems, and storage systems.
· Respond to requests for technical assistance in person or via phone to diagnose and resolve end user technical hardware and software issues
· Administration and operations of daily checks, tasks and changes to Windows, Linux, Virtualization and Storage systems.
· Manage and maintain vulnerability patch management infrastructure across all supported systems
· Administer and implement software/firmware/driver updates to all supported systems
· Use VMWare tools / deploy / configure / manage Windows Server, Windows Desktop, Linux Server and Linux Desktop Virtual Machines.
· Use of VMWare tools to configure Horizon & VSAN & ESX environments (Servers and Desktops)
· Maintain and support VMWare VSAN infrastructure
· Provide support for infrastructure and application development projects.
· Ongoing monitoring, analysis and improvement to the Windows, Linux, VMware and Storage infrastructure to reach agreed service levels.
· Provide support and analysis for all systems troubleshooting participating on major incidents, service restoration and problem management
· Data center operations support including move, adds and changes.
· Maintain market & industry awareness of new products that could offer improved value to the business.
· Liaise with appropriate application development representatives to optimise operations and administration of systems.
· Liaise with third party vendor operations management.
· Participation in on-site daily coverage with overnight and weekend on-call support as part of a rotation.
· Maintain good working relationships.
A minimum of 5 years in a IT infrastructure Service Desk support and/or operations role; supporting Windows and/or Linux virtual infrastructures within critical production environments, with emphasis on service delivery and support
· IT Service Desk end user support in financial service industry
· VMWare Horizon VDI experience – infrastructure design, project rollout / migrations, support.
VMWare ESXi experience e.g. 6.0, 6.5 – design, migrate, build, configure, maintain
· Advanced Windows 2016 / Windows 2012 / Windows 7, Windows 10 operating systems experience.
· Infrastructure programming skills – such as Power Shell / Perl / Visual Basic to automate deployment, improve and expand in-house infrastructure monitoring/reporting.
· Industry relevant Windows, Linux & Virtualization certifications
· Previous roles supporting/performing Operating Systems administration (VMWare, Windows, Storage, Unix)
· Basic Linux systems administration and operation
· Implementation / production support experience of Office 365 cloud services.
· Experience / deployment of HP blades, C7000 chassis, DL series server hardware, HP Virtual Connect.
· Generic financial systems, market data experience an advantage.
· LanDesk Service Desk and Management Suite
· Altassian Jira Products
· Netapp Storage systems operations