New York, NY 10031
We are looking for a talented and motivated DevOps Engineer. The ideal candidate has a mind for automation, continuous integration and continuous deployment, and familiar with both Windows and Linux. We’re also looking for folks who have experience with Amazon and Azure, source control systems (Git would be great!), and configuration management tooling such as Puppet, Chef, etc. Having the ability to write scripts (whether Powershell or Bash) is also very important.
Your job will be to take existing manual processes and to automate them from end to end. This includes build/deploy on the infrastructure side (cloud focused), backup, monitoring, and assistance to the development teams to automate the application deployment.
This is a challenging role with a great deal of responsibility. But you will not be micromanaged. This is a growth role for the right individual. And you will be working with a fun, passionate and dedicated team. A team that has the drive and mind set of a start up with the backing of a major corporation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, equivalent experience, or related field
- Experience in build and release engineering or configuration management
- Experience with configuration management and automation tools – Chef/Puppet/Ansible/Salt, Docker, Vagrant, and anything else in between!
- Understanding of Agile development, continuous deployment and continuous integration, especially in a .NET development shop (but we do Java as well!)
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Microsoft Azure cloud experience
- Powershell and/or Bash/Linux scripting experience
- Desired State Configuration (DSC) experience
- Experience with high traffic websites
- Application packaging experience