Desktop Support Analyst
Washington, DC 10020
SUMMARY: To provide an effective and professional IT support service to staff and clients in accordance with the needs of the business. To this end, ensure that all software and hardware issues are resolved in a timely manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: "Essential functions" are primarily job duties that incumbents must be able to perform unassisted or with some reasonable accommodation made by Firm. Essential duties and responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Provide 2nd line (Deskside support) for incident resolution. Seeking assistance from colleagues where appropriate.
- Record all requests for assistance in the ServiceNow call logging system, using the most appropriate source to resolve incidents.
- Build and maintain good customer relationships.
- Set up and support conference room presentations and video conferences.
- Provide 2nd line iPhone hardware and apps support (i.e.: MobileIron, Jabber & RSA Token).
- Install and test Desktops, Laptops and Printers and manage inventory within the CMDB.
- Ensure all calls are responded to within a timely manner (and within SLAs where defined).
- Escalate call you cannot resolve to 3rd line (Operations Team) and monitor calls when passed to 3rd line teams.
- Ensure that customers are kept informed of events relating to their call.
- Provide guidance, training and mentoring to other team members as required.
- Develop a detailed understanding of the business and departments that you support.
- Complete tasks and other assigned work to agreed deadlines.
- Proactively talk to customers to identify issues and needs early.
- Provide 1st line cover if required.
- Strictly adhere to the firms policies and procedures.
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, QUALIFICATIONS, AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Relevant experience in the provision of support for the Microsoft suite of applications. Sound experience in the support of PC's and peripherals.
- Minimum 5 years in a Deskside role is required. Law firm experience preferred but not essential.
- Must possess excellent customer service skills. Be able to communicate effectively with customers, management, and other support teams, both verbally and written.
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical customers.
- Must be a quick learner with good problem solving skills and the ability to work well under pressure.
- Flexible customer-focused approach to service delivery.
- Must possess an enthusiasm for learning about current and new technologies.
- Goal oriented - To meet specific, agreed metrics and maintain these standards.
- A good team player and willing to share skills and experience with others.
- Ability to work on own initiative or with little to no supervision.
- Please note that lifting of equipment (including but not limited to PCs, monitors, and printers) will be required as part of this role.
- There is a requirement to work some weekends and perform off hours work such as office moves, PC Upgrades, etc.