Englewood, NJ 07631 | Work from home flexibility TELECOMMUTE US
The Network Engineer will be a major contributor to the overall integration of the network such as the planning, installation, maintenance, management, and coordination of the wide area, local and wireless networks, and network security infrastructure. Consistently and accurately document network.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILIES
- Design and monitor network data switching infrastructure.
- Design and monitor network wireless data infrastructure.
- Design and monitor network routing infrastructure.
- Implement and maintain network monitoring infrastructure.
- Implement and maintain Next Gen firewalls.
- Manage relationship with external monitoring security solution.
- Manage multiple remote office networks, site-to-site VPNs, and Internet access.
- Ensures that the network environment remains secure and appropriate recovery and redundancy issues are addressed.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze and research problems of a complex nature, make judgment decisions and recommendations as to their solution.
- Professionally manage time between daily tasks and projects.
- Work with IT teams to scope projects, provide technical input and follow-up support.
- Attend product and technology training as required.
- Solve practical problems while maintaining strict compliance with existing policies, procedures, and established standards.
- Review Copper and fiber infrastructure to ensure the network needs are kept at acceptable performance levels.
- Submit and represent and review all network Change Management requests.
- Provide monthly Metrics for the network infrastructure.
- Promote network security best practices and transfer technical knowledge to department members.
- Develop and maintain comprehensive network system’s documentation.
- Develop Policies and Procedures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and effective problem-solving skills required.
- Participate in on-call rotations including some weekends and holidays.
- Mentor Jr. Network Engineers.
- Support end users as required.
EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Engineering or related degree or equivalent experience.
- 7 – 10 years’ experience with network hardware: Cisco switches, routers.
- 5 – 7 years’ experience with Cisco ASA firewalls, Palo Alto Firewalls, VPN, and technologies.
- 5 – 7 years’ experience with Cisco wireless technologies: WCS, WLC, access points.
- WAN experience with broadband mediums: fiber, coax, metro & dark fiber.
- Must be proficient in routing protocols such as EIGRP and BGP.
- Cisco Nexus switch experience required: NX-OS, VRF, Fabric Extenders and vPC.
- Experience with Wireshark, WhatsUp Gold, Cisco LMS (Prime), SNMP.
- Windows and Linux server experience preferred.
- Minimum of CCNA certification, other related certifications preferred.
- Normal office conditions and/or in data center rooms with temperatures of at least 68° F.
- Heavy lifting; up to at least 50lbs.
- Occasional nights and weekends as situations dictate.
- Travel to remote offices and data centers as necessary.