New York, NY
Our customer is seeking an Avaya Core Engineer responsible for design, implementation, configuration, troubleshooting, daily operation and upgrading of core Avaya Aura Products including: System Manager, Session Manager, Communications Manager, Media Server, Meeting Exchange, Voice Gateways G450/G650, Application Enablement (AES), Conference Reservation System (CRS), CC Elite, SIP trunking, SIP endpoints, to name a few.
The ideal candidate will have the following experience/traits:
- Hands on experience on Avaya SM/SMGR;
- Installation and configuration of Avaya Systems;
- Experience and knowledge of Telephony protocols (VOIP, SIP, H.323) ;
- Hands-on experience on Avaya CM and should be able to manage the upgrades of Avaya systems;
- Understanding of Avaya architecture and design;
- Design experience on Avaya Unified communication products;
- Installation, Configuration & Troubleshooting of CLAN, Medpro, IPSI, Analog and Digital cards. Interfaces, T1, E1, PRI, QSIG, and analog trunking;
- Installation, Configuration, Upgrade & Troubleshooting of G450/G650 Gateways;
- Experience with other Avaya appliances, i.e. Avaya Aura Messaging, Avaya CMS, and Avaya OneX Agent and IX Workplace;
- Recent VoIP experience on an enterprise network, including implementation of QoS for H.323 and/or Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) technology;
- Excellent customer service skills, highly motivated, self-starter;
- Available 24/7 or able to respond within a 4 hour period if needed;
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
The candidate must have a minimum 5 years’ experience with the following qualifications:
- Minimum 5 years UC engineering experience, OR combination of a Bachelor’s degree in telecommunications, computer science or related field PLUS at least 2 years UC engineering experience.
- Proven expertise with System Manager, Session Manager, Communication Manager.
- 5+ years hands-on leadership of voice projects and teams related to Avaya Aura unified communications
- Must possess current Avaya certifications or credentials for Aura platforms