Avaya - Level 2 Support
DescriptionUnder the direct operational supervision of the Manager IT Operations to support the Telecom and Network environment.
Task include troubleshooting issues, performing routine maintenance and minimizing outages.
Additionally, the Telecom/Network Technician qualifies incidents, problems and will remain accountable for resolution and escalations to vendors and technical design experts in the organization for the day to day operation of telephony and network services.
• Fluent in English language.
• Strong problem solving skills
• Must be motivated & demonstrate enthusiasm for the job
• Ability to follow strict policy guidelines.
• Ability to recognize situations requiring escalation.
• Ability to follow standard procedures and scripts without variation.
• Strong oral communication skills.
• Strong listening skills.
• Strong customer service focus.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent teamwork skills
• Excellent analytical and reporting skill
• Dedication to customer service
• Strong organizational skills, and the ability to exercise sound judgment in any customer service scenario
• Ability to write documentation to support new processes
• Promise (Ticketing system) queue monitoring and administration for work order and incidents
• Perform moves, adds, and changes of telephony infrastructure, devices, peripherals
• On-boarding installation for day 1 and off-boarding disconnects as scheduled
• Tier I and II support for voicemail and PBX systems
• Daily maintenance system checks and resolution or escalation to VOIP engineer
• System administration for Avaya MM and Avaya PBX systems
• Troubleshoot and work with vendors on circuit installations or PSTN troubles
• Internal move support for telephony devices based on site service scheduled move activity.
• Provide transparent and effective communication
• Sound working knowledge of Internet Protocol as it pertains to the voice network layer.
• Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to effectively communicate complex technical concepts to non –technical end users.
• BS or BA degree or equivalent work experience BA or Vocational school degree preferred or equivalent work experience
• Minimum of 3- 6 years’ experience in IT of which minimum of 2-5 years in Service delivery /Avaya 6.0 and Modular Messaging